No-bake chocolate date nut balls with flaked coconut uses no added sugar, grains or preservatives. Easy to make and so yummy!
The flavor reminds me of these yummy date treats my grandmother used to buy that were oblong, with a half an almond pressed in the middle. Tastes just like it and brings back memories!
This recipe is adapted from TIna Yelle, Chocolate Vanilla Date Balls.
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place all of the above ingredients in your food processor and blend until a workable mixture forms. I had to place it in my Ninja blender, using the dough attachment. The kneading attachment will really help bind the whole mixture together allowing you to shape it into bite-sized balls.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Keep a paper towel handy as some of the nut oils will bleed out and your hands will have a nice sheen to them, and the coconut will not be able to stick as well to the sticky balls.
- Drop balls into coconut and roll to press in.
I placed these on a place and wrapped in saran wrap. You can freeze these until ready to serve or you can also store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This recipe is purely paleo, as there are no grains involved, no added or refined sugars. This recipe uses unsweetend cocoa powder and unsweetened coconut flakes. Everything is super clean tasting and leaves you feeling good.